Installed on a 2007 Shelby GT500 (just bought it 2 weeks ago). Got the part a day earlier than the anticipated delivery. The install was easy (did it by myself in less than 30 minutes). Fit is excellent, and now I don't have to work around the prop rod when checking fluids or showing the engine bay.
Whether you plan on working on your Mustang's engine or simply want to show if off, these Hood Struts are the simplest, cleanest, and most convenient way to keep your hood open. This component eliminates the need for the factory hood prop system which cleans up the look of your Mustang significantly.
*NEW PRODUCT! We have now developed a light-weight hood strut for aftermarket hoods which are lighter than stock. These lightweight hood struts is designed for carbon fiber and lightweight hoods similar to the World Challenge hood and the 302S and R hoods.*
- The CDC Hood Struts mount at factory bolt locations requiring no drilling. Fits GT, V6 AND GT500!
- Simple, functional, clean fit with a custom look.
- The gas-charged struts are OEM quality and the laser cut steel brackets are powder coated in your choice of black or silver.
NOTE: Please take the following into consideration when installing CDC's Hood Strut Kit with an aftermarket hood (i.e.- fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods):
- Some light-weight aftermarket hoods may not be as rigid as the factory hood and may bow slightly due to the pressure of the strut.
- Other aftermarket hoods may weigh too much for the struts which may not provide enough support in the open position.
3 Year Warranty
It is a Christmas present for our son ,I do not know how how he will rate it after he receives it for Christmas .I hope the color is okay for him ,it is showing blue ,I received black ,his Mustang is blue .I hope he will be alright with it. Sincerely , Erika Hodgkinson. P.S. The delivery was fast ,thank you.
No more hood prop,had it installed by the professional techs of CDC at the 50th anniversity event.